Langhorne Travel Basketball is intended to provide a level of greater competition beyond what our popular Intramural program offers. All teams compete in the Inter-County Basketball Association (ICBA).
Teams start practice early November and play games December through March, which includes a league schedule (including playoffs) as well as pre-season and possibly post-season tournaments. Opponents generally reside in Montgomery, Bucks, and Philadelphia counties, most within a 45-minute radius.
TRAVEL TEAM TRYOUTS
Tryouts are held in September and October. Check back here for specific dates and times. A few items to keep in mind when registering:
- All players must register for tryouts and complete waivers in order to be considered for a team.
- Players are not guaranteed automatic succession to the next grade level for the next season. Players must try out for their respective teams each year.
- Players will be selected by travel coaches at the conclusion tryout sessions.
- If your child has an interest in trying out for one of these teams, you must email the coach as soon as possible.
- Please see key dates about when registration and tryouts begin.
- If LAA does not offer a travel program for your child’s age group, your child is permitted to try out for the next oldest age group.
- If you have questions specifically about the Travel basketball program or registration process, please email the applicable coach at the address provided below.
PRACTICE AND GAMES
Teams typically practice twice a week (2-2.5 hours total practice time) and play a 12-game schedule with one to two games per week. The league schedule goes from mid-December to mid-February followed by ICBA playoffs in late February / early March. Teams may participate in additional tournaments based on discretion of parents and coaches. Please consider this commitment before trying out for a team.
Langhorne Travel Basketball follows the rules of the ICBA League. See ICBA website for details.
Per league rules, August 1st serves as the determining date for a player's "basketball age" for the upcoming season. Eligibility to participate is based first on the age determining date. The grade of the athlete is not a consideration if the athlete meets the age determining date. An athlete who does not meet the age determining date may qualify under the grade exception rule. In the 8U/3rd Grade through the 13U/8th Grade divisions, each team is allowed a maximum of three grade exception athletes.
ICBA permits teams to carry 2 nonresident players. Langhorne Travel Basketball will consider non-resident players when filling roster spots based on the ICBA's rules regarding player movement.
Girls travel teams
Current team and coaching vacancy for the following grades: 5th, 7th, and 8th. Interested in coaching? Contact us today.
BOYs travel teams
Current team and coaching vacancy for the following grades: 3rd, 7th, and 8th. Interested in coaching? Contact us today.