Langhorne Athletic Association offers organized baseball programs through Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth Baseball.
Divisions are structured to foster sharpened fundamental skills, increase knowledge of the sport, and most importantly to have fun.
During the registration process you may be given the option to choose from multiple divisions/programs to register your child. We simply recommend exercising your best judgment on which division would be appropriate for your child based on their skill level.
- Age Group: 4-5 years old
- Quickball is a form of beginner level baseball that is different than tee ball. It brings a faster pace to keep the younger children engaged, while also providing a method for the youngsters to easily learn the basics of baseball through a rotation of drills.
- At this level all necessary equipment is supplied by LAA. This is the only level at LAA which is coed.
- The Quickball program typically meets 2 weeknights per week.
- Interested to learn more? Watch an overview here.
- Age Group: 5-6 years old
- The very beginning stages of learning organized baseball. The focus is on teaching fundamentals and incorporating the rules of game play. Typically involves one game/practice during the week, plus an additional game on the weekend. This age group uses a tee ball and is a "coach pitch" format. This is the first level that equipment such as helmet, glove, bat, etc. start to get used.
- Age Group: 7-8 years old
- Starts as “coach pitch” with the goal of transitioning to kid pitch during the season. The focus is on advanced fundamentals with modified baseball rules. Typically involves one game/practice during the week, plus an additional game on the weekend. Standard baseball equipment needed.
- Age Group: 9-10 years old
- Kids pitch only. Higher level of competitiveness, applying the lessons learned from prior years. Games are 6 innings or a max of 90 minutes. Cal Ripken league rules are applied with modified stealing added. Typically involves one game/practice during the week, plus an additional game on the weekend.
- Age Group: 11-12 years old
- Same format is applied as in the Minors, but advanced Cal Ripken league rules are applied. Examples include stealing, balks, etc.