Langhorne Athletic Association In-House Basketball Program COVID-19 Safety Plan
The Langhorne Athletic Association in-house basketball program will take the necessary precautions and recommendations from the federal, state and local governments, CDC, PA DOH, National Federal of High School Sports and PIAA. We realize the knowledge regarding COVID-19 is constantly changing as new information and treatments become available. These recommendations will be adjusted as needed as new information becomes available in order to decrease the risk of exposure for our players, coaches and parents.
These recommendations include but may not be limited to:
1. Athletes, Coaches, and Staff will undergo a COVID-19 health screening via questionnaire prior to any practice, event, or team meeting. The purpose is to check for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
2. Promote health hygiene practices such as hand washing, using hand sanitizer, cough into your elbow, avoid touching eyes, nose, face and mouth. No spitting or gum chewing, No handshakes/celebrations (high fives, fist/elbow bumps, chest bumps, hugging).
3. Encourage social distancing through increased spacing, small groups, and limited mixing between groups, if feasible.
4. Educate Athletes, Coaches, and Staff on health and safety protocols.
5. Anyone who is sick and/or showing the following symptoms MUST STAY HOME; fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, new loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea, and/or sore throat.
6. If a student athlete gets sick in practice or a team event, they will immediately be isolated and their parents contacted.
7. Regularly communicate and monitor developments with regarding local cases, exposures and updates to policies and procedures.
8. Athletes and Coaches MUST provide their own water bottle for hydration. Water bottles must not be shared.
9. PPE (gloves, masks, eye protection) will be used as needed and situations warrant, or determined by local/state governments.
10. Players and Coaches will not wear a mask during games, but WILL be required to wear a mask when entering and exiting the gym and school building or when not actively participating in a game or practice.
11. All Spectators and Visitors WILL be required to wear masks.